The south facing hill was a suntrap so I spent rather a lot of time idling on park benches watching herds of tourists tramping along while I just soaked it up. Loads of pictures to chose from, but here is a selection from an extremely nice day.
| These stones are held together with something and it cant be run of the mill cement. |
| A bench full of good old Spanish boys enjoying the day at the top of the park. |
| The view at the back of the park. The cathedral from all accounts is not such a worth while trip. |
| There was a lengthy queue waiting to set foot on the summit of this pile of stones. Maybe its the end of a pilgrim route! |
| This sunken area is ringed by these arches which support the ground above. |
| Know your mushrooms. This one definitely not for eating. On the left is the distant Sagrada Familia. |
| This group of locals who are protesting against the proposed admission charges to enter the park, which up till now has always been free. |
| Gaudi's flare for unusual ceilings does not go unnoticed here. |
| A window on one of the gate houses. |
| One of the gate houses. So that's all for today. I'll be moving off to a different hostel tomorrow and I just hope that there will be wifi internet access to keep the blog going. D |
No comments:
Post a Comment